The two moves with Ace-King: Either “use it or lose it.”
There is so much material written about the Ace King, it can be overwhelming. Today, some players will just blindly move all-in with Ace-King, while other players are callers and hope to hit their hand on the flop.
The simple truths about Ace-King are as follows:
– It is the strongest drawing hand in no-limit poker, meaning if you hit the Ace you will have the best kicker 바카라사이트.
– You will only have top flop pairs or better about 33% of the time. That means your hand will not improve on the flop about 67% of the time.
– It is a slight underdog to any pair before the flop.
– It is a big favorite to any other Ace-x hand.
– It is an opportunity to double up or disaster that knocks you out of the event.
There is a simple way to play Ace-King. Either “use it or lose it.” If you can use it to accumulate chips without taking the worst of it, then raise, re-raise or move all-in. If you can’t “use it” with the expectation of being ahead, then “lose it.” In no-limit poker, a good fold is a good thing.
You have Ace-King. It is early in the event. The blinds are $ 25- $ 50. You have $ 2,500. An early position player, with $ 2,000, raises to $ 150. What should you do?
The worst thing to do is to just call. Since you have a drawing hand, you don’t want your opponent to see a flop.
Raise. A raise can get your opponent to fold. The maximum pressure to put on your opponent you should move all-in. The moving all-in is going to cost your opponent the rest of his chips.
Of course, to your opponent that you have Ace-King. Therefore, he may decide to take a pocket pair and try to double up.
Overall, it’s early, you need to accumulate chips, and Ace-plays plays better when the five board cards are revealed. Risk is good.
Mitchell Cogert is the author of “Poker Tournament: 101 Winning Moves.” It is the only reference book to reveal the plays the Pros use to win a poker tournament. These plays are based on reviewing the 20 years worth of tournament poker Daniel Negreanu, Erick Lindgren, David Pham and other top pros. The book is highly rated with 4.5 stars on Amazon and a # 1 best seller in it’s category.